Wednesday 12 April 2017

Oxford Ceramics Gallery



Oxford Ceramics Gallery, Walton Street, Oxford.





An in-between visit: the Black and White exhibition has finished, and the new one is not up yet, but there was still lots of see.





Gordon Baldwin









Peter Wills





Jim Partridge and Liz Walmsley




Jim Partridge and Liz Walmsley





Peter Wills







Peter Wills








Takeshi Yasuafa





Derek Wilson




Jim Partridge and Liz Walmsley





Alison Britton





Elspeth Owen





Elspeth Owen




Rafa Perez




Rafa Perez




Ewen Hendersen




Ewen Hendersen




Mo Jupp




Seigo Kaneyuki





Niisato Akio



4 comments:

  1. Intrigued by the Baldwin, love the Britton, and so much fascinating work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Britton too, Olga, and because I expressed that, I was shown a book which featured her work: I was not taken with what I saw, so I presume that what was exhibited in the gallery is new work.

    In their previous exhibition, Black and White, there were apparently quite a few Baldwins - I was sorry I missed them as he's still my favourite ceramicist. I have been told that he is going blind so it's an effort producing work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought one of his drawings in the Black and White exhibition. It felt very powerful with the knowledge that he is losing his sight. It is at the framers at the moment but I am looking forward to living with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They still had some of his drawings and they look good. Enjoy!

      Delete